Saturday, May 7, 2011

Vacuum Cleaner Series: Kirby

C'mon, let me in your house to try and convince you to buy.
Kirby. I'm starting with Kirby because my mom got one in the 70's. I grew up with Kirby. In fact, she only replaced it around 2008 with the Dyson Animal, the purple one.  Let's say it cost $700 back then, pretty good investment, what $30 a year for the thing.  Kirby thinks themselves as the high end of vacs, the Tiffany in a sea of Kmarts.  And while they may be all they're cracked up to be, you and I will never know because none of their models are sold online. You must contact a dealer who will then schedule an appointment for them to come to your house.  They will let you try it, they might even shampoo a room for you while you watch. Yes, they last a long time, but I can't possibly recommend them above others due to no specs being online. How a company can operate like this I do not know.

Hey Kirby, if you're trying to keep your secrets from their competitors, it's also keeping it a secret from me, a potential 2nd generation customer.  At least list the current models on your website, and some basic features of them. I don't buy anything over $100 without researching the crap out of it online first. So you're not even a contender.

While we're at it, want some Encyclopedias?

No comments:

Post a Comment