Friday, April 1, 2011

Last Night (actually last August on one of those frigid nights)

Things to know:
1. Kittens loves Alley
2. Alley loves her Soccer Ball
3. Sophie is scared of Alley
4. Alley doesn't like Sophie either
5. But Sophie loves to cuddle

The goal here for myself as a human is to enjoy the comfort/warmth of cats in the winter. And of course to sleep. Hubby was on a trip so I had the bed and cats to myself.  The cats have different goals however, far beyond human comprehension.

 (10pm)
 A little reading before bed.


(10:15pm)
Kittens sat between me and the book,
forcing me to hold the book high in order to read it.

 (11pm)
 Alley and Sophie both attempt to come into
the bedroom, high alert, both abort.
 
(11:30)
 Kittens finally gets off, allowing me
to stretch out and enjoy the bed.

 (midnight)
 Sophie makes a second attempt to jump on the bed.
Succeeds and begins to cuddle.
 
(12:30am)
Alley jumps on bed with pink soccer ball.
 Sophie flees.

(12:30 – 12:45)
Alley enjoys playing soccer. 

(12:46)
Alley passes out.

(1am)
 Kittens decide they are cold;
commence deep snuggle mode.

 (4am)
 Sophie gets on bed a third time,
and she begins to cuddle.

Oh Sophie!
Epic snuggling, purrs, licks, drooling, cannot ignore.

(4:30)
 Sophie falls asleep in my arms.
Kittens take the other pillow.

 (4:45am)

Sophie gets up and leaves,
Alley decides to snuggle, Kittens use this
to their advantage to force me further off the pillow.

(7am)
Alarm wakes me up. I have a soccer ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment